Lasagna lovers unite!
Hey friends! It's been a while...lots of changes on my end and working on some new projects...all in all good stuff but ya know, better late than never right?!
Anyhoo, I've been coming up with some pretty delicious meals and snacks lately and one that I recently posted on my Instagram got LOTS of attention. Lasagna...layer upon layer of goodness smothered in sauce and cheese in the traditional sense. Well, you don't have to give that up completely now that you've decided to go plant based :-)
This lasagna was by far the best I have ever made. I just got hip to "Italian sausage" seasoning by my friend who is also vegan. When I mixed my magic all together, added sauce, baked it and bit into that first scoop...I knew I had hit the jackpot!
I didn't use any fancy gluten free noodles or meat substitutes. This was straight VEGGIE! So good that my boys asked for seconds and the teenager cleaned her plate!! Typically if I am not using a meat substitute in a traditionally meat containing dish she turns her nose up. This time, I didn't tell her...now fortunately she is coming around and willing to eat less substitutes and more whole foods but still, it's lasagna one of her FAVE dishes!
This dish is:
Organic baby bella mushrooms
Organic bell peppers (whichever you choose, I used red and yellow)
Organic Sweet Yellow Onion
Organic Marinara (Trader Joes brand)
SO Delicious mozzarella
Lasagna noodles ( I used a ready to bake noodle from Kroger)
Himalayan Pink Salt
1) Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Make sure all veggies are washed well and chopped. Add all veggies to an oiled pan and add seasonings.
3) Saute' until veggies are tender then add sauce. Adjust seasonings as needed.
4) Stir and simmer for ~5 minutes then add spinach
5) Pour small amount of sauce (leftover marinara or mixture) in baking dish (11x7 or whatever you have!) to coat the bottom and add first row of noodles. Add layer of mushroom mixture then top with cheese.
6) Continue adding layers until mixture topped with cheese should be the last layer.
7) Bake covered with foil for about 30-35 minutes. Bake another 10 minutes
8) Eat, serve and enjoy!
I decided to pair mine with a little marinated kale salad. The kale consisted of: lemon juice, nutritional yeast, dash of olive oil and pink salt. Massage everything together with the kale and let it sit for about 5 minutes. You will looooovveee it!!
My mouth was extremely happy with this dish and I look forward to making it again to share with friends and family.
If you give it a try, tag me on social media IG: black_mamavegan FB: Black Mama Vegan or send me a message and let me know how good it turned out!
Until next time friends...choose #plants